Players may create any character from any setting they wish. The character creation process comprises a few steps:
- Player writes up the character's sheet from its native system/setting.
- Player creates a gmail account for the character with the character's name as the alias.
- Player emails the character sheet via the character email account to the GM.
- GM adds the character email to the google group.
- Player completes the Character Questionnaire available in the Files section and emails the completed Questionnaire to the GM.
- GM converts the character to a Nexus character sheet, balanced to 150 character points.
- GM and player negotiate the conversion until both parties accept it.
- Any unspent character points at character creation are converted to experience points.
- GM introduces the new character into the game via an introductory Episode.